With the increase of his level of popularity, Rene starts to establish himself as a sought-after DJ. He gets to know the world and travels all around Europe without loosing focus on his first passion the production of music. In 2003 his first album Solar is released on Treibstoff, only one year later With a little Luck his second album is released. Both albums are hailed by critics and ravers alike: They praise Renes intuitive production methods, his hidden melancholia and his very own construct of minimal techno. Quickly other labels turn their attention to him. He produces remixes on Pokerflat, Plastic City or records for Sub-Static. Also, Rene starts to perform live and keeps on working on new tracks and touching DJ sets.
Renes DJing is very multifaceted. He equally enjoys playing a primetime-set of minimal techno or a seemingly everlasting deep and rolling house set. He doesnt have to decide a fact that is mirrored in his productions, too. He has always done both: minimal tracks on labels like Treibstoff, Sub-Static or Neopren and deep, hypnotic house grooves on Spectral and Dessous. With the launch of his own digital label Deep Data, Rene Breibarth is planning to create a platform for his passion of deep house later in 2008. The label will at first only release Renes groovy house tracks inspired by endless sets at the Club der Visionre. Deep Data Vinyl releases follow in 2009.
To call Rene a euphoric melancholic would not be wrong. He is that kind of person that reflects about music, but rather produces and presents it. And he does that in many different ways: in the form of a live-act, a two-hour peaktime-set or a 15-hour-long Deep House set at Club der Visionre. His home is Berlin and the wide world of electronic music. His habitat, however, cannot be determined by geographic variables. It is located somewhere beautiful somewhere in the middle, between house and techno.
Artist: René Breitbarth
Tittle: LWE Podcast 096
Rls date: 29-08-2011
Genre: Minimal Tech
01. Kotelett & Zadak, “Evoking” [Rotary Cocktail Recordings]
02. Red Axes, “The Tower” [Klasse Recordings]
03. V.Sexion, “Dom Dom” (Ezequiel Sanchez Remix) [Flumo Recordings]
04. Shunsuke Akimoto, “Four Seasons” [TWO.BIRDS]
05. Christopher Rau, “Like Yesterday” [Smallville Records]
06. Pigon, “Painting The Tape” [Dial]
07. Javier Alemany, “La Nuit” [TWO.BIRDS]
08. Matty Heilbronn, “Funky Shit” (Martin Buttrich Remix) [Peppermint Jam]
09. René Breitbarth, “Mystics” [Deep Data]
10. Pigon, “Sunrise Industry” [Dial]
11. Room 10, “Codis” (Michael Ho Remix) [Snubb Records]
12. Motor City Drum Ensemble, “L.O.V.E.” (Kyle Hall Remix) [!K7]
Get LWEPodcast96ReneBreitbarth.mp3 on Wupload.com